Skip to content
Behavior concerns
KrystineCA posted:
I have so many questions about some behavioral issues my son had in Kindergarden, and with school getting ready to start again, I really need some advice or suggestions that might have worked for you. If i had to sum up Kindergarden issues as a whole i would say that whenever my son became frustrated with (anything) he would shut down, cross his arms, walk away from the person talking to him, if being spoke to he would not reply, and if whomever was still "bugging" him he would crawl under his desk or into a cabinet to get away from them. So at school I came to the conclusion that when he didnt understand how to do something or he wasnt completely listening when the teacher was talking, he would try but soon as it became to difficult he would give up, and at that point is when the problem only got worse. If it was a incident on the playground and he was the one who got in trouble, usually the same response as before, crossing of arms and so on.
Now his dad and I do not live together so usually homework is done at dads house because he gets home alot earlier than i do, I have had occasions when homework was done with me and i honestly can say, teaching IS NOT EASY. I told my son that when he feels he cant do something the teacher wants he should raise his hand and ask her for help. I told him its ok to need help, just ask. I dont know if this played a major part in his issues as i didnt think of it till the end of the year.
I tried to keep this as short as i could, so even though i could go on for awhile I will end this by asking anyone have opinions or suggestions or just want to share your own experience please respond, school is getting ready to start and any help would be appreciated

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. My 74 yo mother lives with us...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.