Skip to content
Child with excrusiating pain in her foot.
An_247878 posted:
Please help me, I am a live in nanny who has a ten year old girl who over the past couple weeks has begun to show signs of horrible pain. I have never seen anything like this with her before she has a good pain threshold. I tried icing it, soaking it, wrapping it, elevating it as well. I am unsure what to do because this is affecting her every day life which is full of soccer of all sorts and martial arts. Along with her schooling, I am unsure if I should bring her to the doctors to get it evaluated but drying it alone made her cry. It seems that everytime someone or something touches it she begins to cry showing me that it is tender. Does any one know what I can do to help her?

fcl responded:
Please take her to the doctor immediately! Do not let this child suffer any longer. Not tending to her when she's in pain for a couple of weeks can be considered neglect! Pain is a sign that something is not wrong!

Mshatz responded:
I took her 3 days ago, they say that she has turf toe. However it wasn't explained to me what it is exactly and how long it should last. I am keeping her out of sports but her father has since been out of town and I have told him what is going on. I am still concerned however because these kids have become like my own. But I do not know how to treat her besides ice bathing it, soaking it with epsome salts, and ice packs while elevating it.

fcl replied to Mshatz's response:
OUCH!

I am so glad to hear that you had it looked into. Here's a link that will give you more information on the subject (including treatment):

http://www.riversideonline.com/health_reference/Questions-Answers/AN00393.cfm?RenderForPrint=1

Good luck with this.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have twins (boy & girl) and one has ADD so I am interested in tips, advice, etc. I work for a parenting website which is a great place to find ...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.