Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Expired Amoxicillin! HELP
kd72784 posted:
I just found an old bottle of amoxicillin in our trash can along with a medicine cup in the sink. My 5 y/o admitted to drinking it. I had no idea it was still in there! I do not know how much was left in the bottle. Do I need to worry about side effects from this? He seems fine right now, playing as normal. Thanks for any help.

adey786 responded:
I suggest if you speak to your doctor as I believe he/she would be in a better position to confirm if there are any risks. By the way, in case of overdose or taking medicine which has expired, you should have noticed some side effects. So, probably, your kid is fine..Regards

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have twins (boy & girl) and one has ADD so I am interested in tips, advice, etc. I work for a parenting website which is a great place to find ...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.