Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
11 yr old daughter cant make friends, always miserable
mamaof2 posted:
my 11 yr old is always in a bad mood,she thinks everyones out to get her in some way, she cant make friends, she is not doing good in school, grades or behavior, this has been for a few years now. im a single mom also have a 3 yr old. her behavior started before the baby. any idea what the problem could be?

momuv4girls responded:
When I hear situations like these, it reminds me of my youngest daughter.

The very best information I can offer you is to find a smart, qualified Child Psychologist and/or Child Psychiatrist to do a thorough evaluation on her.
Mind you, a thorough evaluation should not just be done in one visit, but over a course of a few visits, with a ton of paper work for you and her teachers to fill out.

Know what is behind your daughters behaviors is extremely important, and it is most likely more complex than just reading books and parenting.

I'm sure your daughter is not happy with the way she is, but doesn't know how to change - probably doesn't know what is driving her mood / behaviors.

But as I mentioned above, a top notch Dr. is key here!

Take care Mom,
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. My 74 yo mother lives with us...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.