Skip to content
Pain in genitals at night
tabbi posted:
My daughter is 7 years old. When she was about 6 months old she started waking up in the middle of the night grabbing at her genitals and screaming for hours. By the next day she would be fine. This would happen about every month or two. When I would take her into the doctors they could not find anything wrong with her. As she got older this pattern continued but she also started to get chronic UTI's. She ended up getting a kidney infection and was in the hospital for a month when she was 4. They discovered that she had urinary reflex and watched it for another year. We were then told that she had outgrown the reflex and that she should be better. Although she is not getting UTI's anymore she is still waking up in the night every couple of months screaming in pain. Her urologist has no idea what would be causing this. Has any other little girls had this problem? I am desperate to find out what to do to help my child. This is not fair!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kirsten and I'm a single mom to Katlyn, who is 8, and Belle who is 6. Katlyn has ADHD, OCD and probable Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Belle ...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.