Skip to content
10 year old daughter out of control
An_249055 posted:
My 10 year old daughter has been not wanting to go to school again lately. up until the beginning of this school year either me or my husband
had to physically stay at the school all day, we took turns sitting outside her classroom for 4 years. I cannot tell you what a great deal of stress that put on us. She is prone to fits of crying and temper tantrums. When things do not go her way she will do whatever it is within her power to get her way. If this means crying, yelling at us or others thats what she will do. We usually end up giving up as she can go on for hours. She will not sleep in her own room and she she gets annoyed if me and my husband sit beside each other or try and have a moment alone. She has made it virtually impossible to have any sort of life outside of our home my husband and I don't go out anywhere for more than a few hours if that since she has been born. if we go try to get groceries etc. it is constant phone calls.
I am upset all the time and overwhelmed I don't have any family support, my in-laws are elderly, and my parents live out of town. We also have other children and they end up late for school and getting put on the back burner all the time I know this isn't fair but we feel we have no choice.
She had seemed to be making some progress at the beginning of this year but we have now seemed to be quickly backsliding she has now started getting up at night and we have been playing musical beds we are exhausted we are feeling physically ill I myself have been getting stress rashes and my hair is falling out. We don't know how to help her some people say she is spoiled and we overindulge her this is true more on my husbands part he will do anything to make her stop he loves her so much he can't stand to see her cry. I have also been told that she may have anxiety I think to some extent it may be possible.
Where do we go from here? we have exhausted many avenues. Should we have a doctor look at her? does anyone else go through this? If so, What tools have you used to help your family?
I am scared she will be a teenager in a few years and it terrifies me to think if its this bad now what do I have to look forward to then?
The stress is taking its toll on me and my husband and our family.

spgirl responded:
Try any local therapist or psychologist. It seems like she may have a severe attachment disorder. Take her to several doctors and gather opinions.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have twins (boy & girl) and one has ADD so I am interested in tips, advice, etc. I work for a parenting website which is a great place to find ...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.