Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help my 10 yr old daughter's breasts are not developing
Cshields9 posted:
Help my 10 yr old daughter's breasts are not developing is that normal?

Concerned Dad

fcl responded:
Umm ... she's only 10 give her time. Why are you so concerned?

Cshields9 replied to fcl's response:
Im concerned since her doctor's are saying that is not normal for her age and the doctor's are saying to me she may never develop properly.

fcl replied to Cshields9's response:
I suspect there may be more to it than this. What is "normal". It's perfectly normal for some women to be completely flat-chested ... just as it is for others to be buxom. Breasts usually start to grow between 10 and 14 which is why I'm surprised you're concerned. Why would a doctor (or even several) talk to you about this as a concern? What other health issues does she have?

kc_94920 responded:
Seriously? What doctor would find cause for concern in a non developed 10-year old girl? And to even suggest that it would mean she'll never develop sounds crazy given the info you've provided.

My oldest is 10 and has no breast development at all. She's of average height and weight and is perfectly healthy despite the lack of puberty. Of the 17 girls in her class, only one even has the lightest hint of development. I don't even think many of her friends in the next grade are developed.

angelandantesboy responded:
Nope, that's normal. It depends on family history as to when and how much she will have. In my family the average age is about 12, a few sooner and a few later. Unless she has a condition that would affect development, there shouldn't be any reason for concern.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.