Skip to content
6 year old touching herself
An_249956 posted:
I am the step mom to a 6 year old girl.. she felt comfortable enough with me to tell me she sticks her fingers inside of both of her "holes" and can feel around inside! I was completely shocked by this and told her not to, that it was gross, but is there a way I should confront her about it? her father is appalled and wont discuss it for its embarrassing from father to daughter... so here I am I dont know what to do! help please!

fcl responded:
So she's masturbating ... this is a perfectly normal activity for a child of her age. She's discovering her body. What you need to do is ensure that she knows it's a private activity and that she should only do it in the privacy of her own room or the bathroom (with door shut, of course). No confrontation is necessary.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have twins (boy & girl) and one has ADD so I am interested in tips, advice, etc. I work for a parenting website which is a great place to find ...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful