Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
6 year old touching herself
An_249956 posted:
I am the step mom to a 6 year old girl.. she felt comfortable enough with me to tell me she sticks her fingers inside of both of her "holes" and can feel around inside! I was completely shocked by this and told her not to, that it was gross, but is there a way I should confront her about it? her father is appalled and wont discuss it for its embarrassing from father to daughter... so here I am I dont know what to do! help please!

fcl responded:
So she's masturbating ... this is a perfectly normal activity for a child of her age. She's discovering her body. What you need to do is ensure that she knows it's a private activity and that she should only do it in the privacy of her own room or the bathroom (with door shut, of course). No confrontation is necessary.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on this board about 3 years. DH and I have one DS, my miracle baby born when I was in my mid-40s. I had a post-partum DVT 2 weeks after hi...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.