Skip to content
6yr old son with anger issues
An_251478 posted:
Hello everyone, I need some advice. I have a 6yr old son who has frequent temper tantrums (which are sever) and they are usually over the simplest things. Now on top of that he is now lying more and more. I'm not sure where to turn to get him the help he needs. Every time he has a tantrum and we intervene and try to calm him down he thinks it's funny that he is upsetting everyone else in the household. He is a great kid but when he has his tantrums and anger outbursts it really becomes an unknown area. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

Thanks Everyone.
momuv4girls responded:
If you feel like your son's behavior is disrupting the entire family, and his outbursts are out of proportion for what it is he wants, I would highly recommend a professional evaluate the situation....
meaning a Child Psychologist.

A good Child Psychologist will get a lot of information from you, from his teachers/caregivers, meet with your son, then compile all the info, and give a recommendation.

Sometimes, if the child is in need of medication or intense therapy, the psychologist may recommend he see a Child Psychiatrist - - it just really depends on the situation, family history and his environment.

I understand how difficult it is to parent a child like this - - most people blame it on bad parenting, but that's often not the case. So hang in there and seek out a really good Child Psychologist to meet with you guys and get to the root of your son's behavior.

Take care,

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a DD who is now 19 (living at home - no job - no extra school(yet) - due to lack of transportation and living in a small town) She has had ADHD...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.