Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
15 yr old girl bedwetting
prtymama posted:
My stepdaughter has been bedwetting since the age of 5. It has improved over the years to where it's not nightly. But, I'm concerned since she will be turning 16 this year. She lives with her mother and she has tried the bed wetting alarms, waking her up at night, no liquids before bedtime, but no success. Does anyone else have children with the same problem? How common is this for teenage girls? When will it stop? I know she wants to stop, but says she doesn't feel she has to go and just wakes up wet in the morning. She's a heavy sleeper but I'm pretty sure that's not the only reason why it's continued this long. Should we be concerned enough to take her to the doctor again?

Take the Poll

Should her father and I ask the mother to make a dr appt or should we just take it upon ourselves to set one up and let her know about it?
  • Let the mother take her to Dr
  • Take her yourselves
  • Let her mother and father decide what to do
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kirsten and I'm a single mom to Katlyn, who is 8, and Belle who is 6. Katlyn has ADHD, OCD and probable Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Belle ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.