Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can anyone help?
Solumom posted:
My 9 year old daughter never gets full from eating. This started when she was a baby. 1 day when I couldn't breast feed, I asked the pediatrician how much formula to give. The doctor said "She'll stop eating when she's full." Well, 2 bottles later, she vomited. At age 2, I saw a dietitian who just told me "She's just a good eater." I've sought help over the years but have hit dead ends. She always thinks she's hungry, whether she's bored, entertained, and even when she's just eaten. Her brain does not ever tell her she's full. She's obsessed with food and always asks when she can eat again. Doctors have told me they have never seen this in children without mental retardation. Do you know what this is or where I can get help? Thanks

momuv4girls responded:
Hi,

I am surprised the Dr. would tell you they have never seen this in children without metal retardation?? Did they ever mention Prader-Willi syndrome??

Like all illnesses, there are varying degrees of symptoms - - some very severe, and those less so.

Here is some info from the Prader-Willi syndrome foundation:
http://www.fpwr.org/about-prader-willi-syndrome

I would find a top-notch Dr. in your area - from a University, or Large metropolitan hospital, who is well versed in all types of "eating" issues to help your daughter.

This is really tough, and I feel for you!!! If you need any help with local resources, I may be able to locate some if you write back with your zip code or city/state of residence.

Take care, and all the best to you and your daughter!!
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Katie (35), married to Randy, and a SAHM of 4 beautiful children. Ella (6 1/2- first grade), Owen (5- preschool), Connor (3 1/2), Lilly (19 mo...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.