Skip to content
Sensitive Subject
An_252744 posted:
My daughter is 7. Recently, we noticed that she is rocking/rubbing herself (my husband calls it grinding) on the floor, the couch, etc. My husband asked her what she was doing this morning and she said "making myself pee". As adults, we know what is actually going on and my husband thinks it's time I have a talk with her. I'm completely at a loss and never expected to discuss things like this until she was much older. But, the time has come and now I have to figure it out quickly. I'm hoping that someone has gone through this and can help me figure out what I say to her. I don't want her to feel ashamed, but also don't want her to be doing these things in front of everyone (like she did when we had company this weekend). Any advice is greatly appreciated!

fcl responded:
It's actually quite simple You tell her that you know it feels good but that it's a private activity and she should only do it when alone - either in her room or in the bathroom. Every time she starts to do it again, just remind her. no need to make her feel bad.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Eli, and my husband's name is John. I have a stepson who is 14, who we have for the summer. John and I have 2 children together. Trista...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.