Skip to content
Behavioral issues with 7 y/o girl I babysit
An_252757 posted:
I babysit a 7 y/o girl who I've watched since she was 4. Over the past year/ish I've seen her digress into someone who lies constantly and not just about things here & there. The lies go from whether she brushed her teeth to more obvious things like how many carrots she ate at dinner even tho I know how many were on her plate & I know she ddnt brush yet. She will also lie when she pees &/or poops her pants which is more frequent than it should be I feel at 7. Some could be considered accidents but it seems more that she's consciously doing it & I don't know why. She'll have access to a bathroom and I will make sure to ask her occasionally if she needs to go, being aware of this problem. But even when its very obvious she went in her pants bc of the smell that we can both smell and I express to her that I only want to help, no judgment or anything, she'll still stand there and lie about it.
Not being her parent I'm obviously limited to what I can do with consequences, punishment etc. and I've spoken with the parents about this but they seem to just kind of ignore it hoping it'll go away I guess? I care about her and don't want her to suffer or feel judged by me but at same time I want to instill in her that its not cool to consciously go in your pants and that it isn't nice, right, fair or cool to lie like she does. Its frustrating bc she can be very difficult, stubborn, & manipulative too.
Does anyone know why she might be lying the way she does (& at such great lengths too)? Or advice on why or how to handle the going in pants issue? As well as just advice maybe on how to handle the situation not being a parent? (I care about her & bc she looks up to me, I want to be able to show?/teach?/express?/? to her what is appropriate)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.