Skip to content
Daughter behind in math - Help!
An_252912 posted:
My daughter is 10 years old and starting 5th grade in a public school this fall. She is in special ed for a math learning difficulty and is allowed to use a multiplication chart and has tests orally read to her. We had her at a school that specializes in learning difficulties this summer (she loved it!) and they assessed her at grade level 3.2 in math. I am desperate to do something to get her math skills honed before school starts. We use a tutor for an hour once a week during the school year. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way for my daughter to catch up a bit? Should we use our tutor? Would a math program like Math U See be good? Does anyone know of a great website, book, program, etc. I'd appreciate any advice.

Take the Poll

What is the best way for a child to catch up in school?
  • Private Tutor
  • Math U See type program
  • Playing math games online
  • Other
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kirsten and I'm a single mom to Katlyn, who is 8, and Belle who is 6. Katlyn has ADHD, OCD and probable Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Belle ...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful