Skip to content
Daughter behind in math - Help!
An_252912 posted:
My daughter is 10 years old and starting 5th grade in a public school this fall. She is in special ed for a math learning difficulty and is allowed to use a multiplication chart and has tests orally read to her. We had her at a school that specializes in learning difficulties this summer (she loved it!) and they assessed her at grade level 3.2 in math. I am desperate to do something to get her math skills honed before school starts. We use a tutor for an hour once a week during the school year. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way for my daughter to catch up a bit? Should we use our tutor? Would a math program like Math U See be good? Does anyone know of a great website, book, program, etc. I'd appreciate any advice.

Take the Poll

What is the best way for a child to catch up in school?
  • Private Tutor
  • Math U See type program
  • Playing math games online
  • Other
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mom of 3. My daughter is 18, my sons are 5 and 2. I work in the medical field as an radiologic technologist. I am home with my sons duri...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.