Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

8 Year Old Boy With Anger Issues -- Discipline Advice Needed
s43tum posted:

My son just turned 8, and he has anger issues. He used to take it out on the thing that was angering him, like he's gotten mad at his game before and smashed his controller. I made him replace the controller himself and since then we haven't had any physical manifestations of his anger -- just yelling and screaming, which I had been working on with positive reinforcement.

However we had a BIG hiccup this morning. He refused to eat breakfast (which makes him easily angered) and then wanted to take the dog for a walk. She was pulling him along and he didn't like that, and apparently kicked and hit her. Someone saw and called the police, but no report was filed because he's only 8 and it was an isolated incident for him to be mean to the dog. He's never hurt the dog before, or the cat or guinea pig, but he does YELL at her sometimes when she's doing something that upsets him.

In any case, I'm going to make an appointment on Monday for him to see a child psychologist, because we need to get this anger under control and I think we need professional help. But my question is what do I do TODAY? I have him in his room right now, cleaning it spotless, but I'm not sure the appropriate punishment is needed for having the cops called on you for kicking a dog! Any ideas?
momuv4girls responded:
This is really tough, and I can emphasize with your situation!

I think getting to the root of your son's anger is important, and a good child psychologist may be able to help him. They should do a complete evaluation on him, then decide a course of treatment. Good Child Psychologists can be hard to find, so you may want to get a pediatrician's recommendation or talk to some friends.

Discipline can be tricky, and here again, a good psychologist will work with you on techniques and ideas.

Not sure if you've heard of Ross Greene before? He has a great approach in dealing with children who are behaviorally challenged - check out these pages:

Good luck on your search, take care!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn 35 years old happily married for little over a year, I have an 8 year old son Jaidyn by a prev. person, however my husband is adopting...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.