Skip to content
6 YR OLD SON WRITING IN DIARY
H20BABY posted:
My 6 yr old son wrote "Cloe I hump hr and kiss hr boobs" in what he called his diary. I have no idea how to approach him with this yet. I need advice on if this is normal behavior or is there a problem?

momuv4girls responded:
I would have a conversation with him - - like where did he hear the word "hump", and what does he think it means.

To your knowledge has he seen someone kissing boobs?

Does he have older siblings, or go somewhere where he may have seen this type of behavior?

I don't know if I'd classify it as a problem yet.....just depends on where he was exposed to this type of talk and behaviors.

I would just have a "matter of fact" discussion, and see what he is willing to open up about, then you'll know how serious to take it.

Take care!
-Kathleen

H20BABY replied to momuv4girls's response:
Thanks Kathleen. I did do the" matter of fact" discussion last night. It went ok, he was defensive of course. I just told him he wasn't in trouble and I wasn't mad at him. I asked him where he learned the word "hump", he wouldn't say. I will keep a close watch on him. He does have interaction with older boys in the day camp and after school program he is in.

Thanks Again

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on this board about 3 years. DH and I have one DS, my miracle baby born when I was in my mid-40s. I had a post-partum DVT 2 weeks after hi...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.