Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Childs behavior
    klh7680 posted:
    My 7 year old has ADD and alot of anxiety. His mood swings are getting worse and he is now throwing himself to the ground kicking when he dosen't get his way. I have him on a herbal medication called Calms Forte' he has only been on it for 4 days so far nothing has changed and he hasn't been able to sleep for the last 2 weeks without waking up 2-3 times a night and it takes hours for him to fall back to sleep... Does anyone have any tips or advice for me at this point I am willing to try anything... He also wet the bed for the first time this morning in 3 years.. Please help!!!!! <3
    earleyml1012 responded:
    Have you read the book Raising a Spirit Child? That could help. The herbal stuff will take a little while before you see a change, so hang in there. Do you play any calming music or have a night light in his room? These things might help to comfort him when he wakes up.
    klh7680 replied to earleyml1012's response:
    No I have never heard of the book but I will check into it Do you know who the author is?... He has a night light and we leave his tv on the music channel. His doctor just said to leave the TV off and make it as dark in there as we can but he is also afraid of the dark...
    momuv4girls responded:
    I am wondering if your son has been evaluated by a professional?

    Personally, I would not medicate with herbal meds until he's had a complete evaluation.
    Even herbal meds can make a child worse - just because its "natural" doesn't mean its safe and effective.

    Your son is young, and its important to seek out professional help before he establishes a pattern of behavior that gets harder and harder to break - school wise and in home life.

    Here is a good, informative link:

    Hope this helps some, take care!

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I have twins (boy & girl) and one has ADD so I am interested in tips, advice, etc. I work for a parenting website which is a great place to find ...More

    Helpful Tips

    my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
    My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    7 of 14 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.