Skip to content
6 YR OLD GIRL TOO INTERESTED IN BOYS!
proudmommy0711 posted:
I have a very intelligent, beautiful, 6 year old girl that keeps getting in trouble for the way she plays with boys. At daycare after school, she seems to get into trouble for "falling down on the ground and pullimg little boys down to fall on top of her." ...... we do not approve. Me and daddy are very careful about everything from ehat she watches on tv to what we do in front of her (the most is a goodbye kiss before work). We have tried to discipline her, talking to her about acting like a little lady, everything, but it is becoming a constant issue. The daycare instructor (30+ years experience) said that she has never had this problem before and has tried everything she knows how to correct it with no luck. IS THIS NORMAL? HOW DO I FIX IT?

momuv4girls responded:
Besides the "boy craziness" how is her behavior? What do you observe ?

How many hours per week does she attend Daycare, and for how many years has she gone, and how many has she attended?

A bit more info would be helpful.
Thanks,
-Kathleen

proudmommy0711 replied to momuv4girls's response:
She has been going there for almost 2 years 8 hours a day until she began kindergarten now its only less than 2 hrs a day 5X a week. Other than normal 6 yr old stuff she is a very good kid (aside from the current issue). Most of her behavior problems began after she started kindergarten, but I can't seem to get her to understand that she is to do what she knows is right, even when the other kids don't. I know a lot of it is coming from her school (the school is not the best) butbi can't get her to act right!

momuv4girls replied to proudmommy0711's response:
Does your daughter have a male role model in her life? Is her Father living in the home and involved with her?

Children are very smart and intuitive, and she could be seeking male attention if she has very little (or none) contact with her Father. What does the Father daughter relationship look like?

Is her school teacher concerned with any of her behaviors they see there, or is this only at the Daycare?

Thanks!
-Kathleen

proudmommy0711 replied to momuv4girls's response:
Yes, he is and they have a wonderful relationship that's why I am so confused. She doesn't get into trouble at school the way she gets into trouble at daycare. She just does basic 6 yr old stuff at school, like not listening or playing when she should be working, but its most of the time not even severe enough for them to send notes or anything home.

momuv4girls replied to proudmommy0711's response:
Well, it sounds like since most of these behaviors are at the Daycare - - maybe it would be time to think about transitioning her to another one, or asking the current one to really step up and do more structured activities with the children so your daughter will be more occupied and have less time to interact with the boys.

Hopefully the Daycare will want to put in the effort to help re-direct your daughter when she starts to behave that way with the boys.

Another thought could be to have her spend less time at the Facility too. Arrange your work schedule so she can come home after school instead of going straight to Daycare.
They're only young once and the more time you can spend with them the better.

Take care!!
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Name is Norma. I am a working mother of a 7 year old son named A.J. He is the light of my life. I have been blessed with a very handsome son who ha...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.