Skip to content
Children With LD's
savedbyhisgrace posted:
My daughter is in 2nd grade.She has been sturggling with reading and math.After meeting with her teacher the 2nd time,and not much help.My husband and I decided to meet with our Tutor,Teacher,Principal,and Counselor.Now after half of the year gone.We are at the point that she be tested for LD's.What is the process and how long is it?

momuv4girls responded:
There is going to be a lot of information you need to learn about - - good stuff though, good info to help your daughter.

Its great the school is on top of starting the testing process.
Here is a link that explains a lot of the process, how long it will take etc.... http://nichcy.org/schoolage
It is all mandated by "Special Education", but it is up to you to make sure the school puts proper supports in place to help your daughter succeed.

If your daughter does have a learning disability, she will not necessarily be placed in Special Ed, but she will have the option if deemed necessary. There is a lot the "typical" classroom teacher can do to support her, and the school district may be responsible for extra supports.

Hope this helps some, take care!
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Eli, and my husband's name is John. I have a stepson who is 14, who we have for the summer. John and I have 2 children together. Trista...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.