Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Menstrating maybe?
An_256124 posted:
My daughter who is 8 years old has been complaining of her belly hurting really bad as well as sleeping a lot more than usual. Of course my husband and I are concerned she may be on her way to menstrating. She has no other symptoms either with the bellyache and Motrin seems to soothe the pain. She was diagnosed with precocious puberty a few years ago and she gets Lupron shots every 3 months, she was getting them every month. My question is should we be worried about the fact it could be her precocious pubert causing an to menstruated early, or am I too paranoid?

booberryjuice responded:
My DD had trouble with throwing up kind-of violently (out of the blue) about every 3 weeks, about a year plus , before she got her monthly. She also got it a week before she turned 10. could be on it's way.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. My 74 yo mother lives with us...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.