Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

bumps on child's stomach
revchandler posted:
This morning my 5 year old daughter was doing back bends, I noticed that she had oddly shaped pumps on her stomach, under her ribs. What might this be?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there, At the current time this board does not have a WebMD health professional to answer community members' questions as Dr Parker passed away in mid April. In a back bend the abdominal muscles are stretched so you may want to have your daughter checked by her doctor to see if there is an injury or any type of herniation. Remember that it's not possible for anyone to be diagnosed over the internet so in order for you to find out if there is a problem that needs to be diagnosed your daughter has to be seen in person by a doctor. Read more about a hernia by using the WebMD search engine to see if this information is helpful to you. - Annie

Helpful Tips

Son Peeing
I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.