Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

CRMO Anyone??
crmonomo posted:
Hi!

My daughter was recently diagnosed with CRMO (Chronic Recurrent Multifocal Osteomyelitis). This is a very rare disease that causes bone tumors. I would really like to find other parents to talk to. If you know of anyone with CRMO or a support group. Please let me know.

Thanks

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi crmonomo,

You don't mention how old your child is but we do have parenting support groups based on your child's age. As well we have a Parenting Special Needs Children where you may want to start.

The Arthritis Support Group board.

- Annie

KLHmom responded:
Hi, My daughter is 11 and was diagnosed with CRMO in Nov. I have been looking for a support group as well. We live in NJ and know of one other girl with the same diagnosis. We found her through our rheumatologist. I would love to talk with you.

Jaydensmommy45 responded:
Hello! My son is 4 years old and developed CRMO when he was 2 yrs. old. He is currently taking Enbrel and Naproxen for the pain management. There is not really a support group but there is a sapho/ crmo disussion blog. The address is sapho_crmo@yahoogroups.com. Let me know if this works.

I would love to hear back from you. This disease is so rare and its not very often that I find someone from America that I can speak to. I live in Texas. Thank you and I hope you have a great day! Lauren

pjton03 replied to Annie_WebMD_Staff's response:
How's your child doing now? My 11 year old daughter was diagnosed with CRMO in November 2013. Would love to hear from you. Did you find any help with support groups?

pjton03 responded:
How's your child doing now? My 11 year old daughter was diagnosed with CRMO in November 2013. Would love to hear from you. Did you find any help with support groups?

pjton03 replied to KLHmom's response:

carahayes replied to Jaydensmommy45's response:
I am a mother of a 5 year old girl. Diagnosed January 2014 with crmo after months of failed diagnosis. This year has been very rough. It's been hard watching my daughter in so much pain. We are currently on enbrel which we started 4 weeks ago and in the last year have only had about 2 months symptom free. It would be nice to have some other parents whose children also live with this terrible rare disease to talk to.

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.