Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

my 3 year old is playing with her vagina?"
Kharmasmom posted:
So for a couple month now my 3 year old has benn rubbing or applying pressure to her vagina....I know it is normal to explore and at first tried to ignore it, she does it more and more. I had to explain it was a private thing. Now she is doing it very often. ever chance she gets in fact. bed time is 8:30 and she keeps herself awake for hours doing this off and on every night. I have tried to not make it a big deal but i have had to ask her to stop just for my own sanity (I sit in her room until she falls asleep at night).. she gets very mad when i make her stop..any advice/help i would love.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
"That is something you do in private-either in the bedroom or bathroom alone." You may want to get her checked for an infection or pinworms-both of which could actually be causing itching.

shellmeister882 responded:
I am also having the same problem with my 3 yr. old Great Granddaughter, it scares me as her mom is single and I don't know if she has been touched by someone or if she is just very sexual or what the heck is actually going on. She is ADHD and very very active, I notice it more when she comes from her mothers. Maybe it is a nervous condition? Being a grown woman I know how good it can actually feel, but isn't 3 awfully young to be experiencing this? I am worried. When I question her, she tells me I make her angry by always asking her "why". She is very intelligent and has a large vocabulary and large understanding of conversations/words.

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.