Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Too Impersonal? RE: Birthday
linzuh04 posted:
I figured I'd post here instead of all of the other exchanges I'm a member of to get more opinions.

DD is still in school. She's 3, but her school year is Sept-July. Her last day is this Friday and she'll be turning 4 August 12th. She starts Kindergarten Sept 6.....full day, so she'll see some of these kids in Sept too. I'd like to invite her school friends to her birthday party the weekend after her birthday, but I think handing out invitations now, they'd get lost, and people would forget, etc, so I was thinking about doing an "Evite" for her party. that way people would get email reminders and things for the party. I know that most people will be on holiday anyway, but do you think it's too "impersonal" to send out an evite for a 4th birthday party about a month away?

TIA

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
No, I would rather get an evite I think...though you will want to follow up and make sure it didn't get stuck in a spam filter. That way these things don't get lost in the mail or left in a backpack for the summer or whatever.

On the other hand, I strongly recommend the age plus 1 child so 5 children for a fourth birthday party. Otherwise, things get so messy and there is likely to be more of a chance of some child meltdown.

elsevonagnus responded:
I will answer Evites from people that i do not consider my personal friends and most probably say no. If a personal friend sends me a Evite without a personal phone call or email, i will be insulted and answer at the LAST min. saying NO. Friends don"t send friends Evites..

lenono97 responded:
Friends send friends evites all the time. We use them for all of are parties where we are inviting our friends and their families. Our group communicates electronically and so does most of the world these days! However, I think you need to consider the group. I wouldn't use them for my family since a lot of them are not computer uses. I would go ahead and use an evite.

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.