Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

help puberty!
    An_222002 posted:
    I have a 12 yr old daughter getting ready to hit puberty at any time. My question is when she starts menstrating will her aspirin therapy cause problems? She has been on aspirin therapy for 9 yrs, for a clotting disorder. Should she stop while on her period?

TyPatrick08 responded:
    You should really disguise this with her pediatrician or Hematology. They will have the best answer for you.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Definitely talk to her doctor. I doubt the aspirin therapy will cause an issue during menstruation. I am tempted to say "back in the day" our mothers TOOK aspirin during their periods.

Boyzmomee replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
    I am on blood thinning medication and took asprin before that and it did effect my period. The best thing the mother can do is talk to her child's doctor.

Helpful Tips

Son Peeing
    I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.