Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

need advice on my four year old
blackama posted:
my daughter just turne 4 today, she is still showing no interest in potty training, I have done the praising her when she does go on the potty, tried rewards and took away diapers and put her in underwear. She will go to the bathroom in her underwear and acts like she doesn't realize when she's gone. She shows a lot of symptoms of adhd, she cannot sit still, she gets very distracted when I ask her to do something or talk to her. She's extremely fidgety when she does sit still, like in her carseat. When it's bedtime she is constantly moving around and fidgeting so much it takes her forever to fall asleep. I'm not sure what else to do, I got a referral a couple months ago from her pediatrician to see a behaviorial pediatrician, but they never scheduled an appt. She goes to her regular dr. next month.

momuv4girls responded:
Hi Mom,

I would definitely call the behavioral pedi and make an appt.
Dr.s offices are busy places, and they often times don't follow up on calls like they should - - so YOU call them.

ADHD is a complicated diagnosis, despite what a lot of people think. A good Dr. will evaluate over several appointments and have you and any caregivers of your daughter fill out a ton of paperwork.

Call them today, and hopefully you can see the new Dr. sometime soon.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Call back and get an appointment scheduled with the behavioral pediatrician. Don't hang up until one is scheduled. Sometimes these things slip through the cracks.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.