Skip to content
need advice on my four year old
blackama posted:
my daughter just turne 4 today, she is still showing no interest in potty training, I have done the praising her when she does go on the potty, tried rewards and took away diapers and put her in underwear. She will go to the bathroom in her underwear and acts like she doesn't realize when she's gone. She shows a lot of symptoms of adhd, she cannot sit still, she gets very distracted when I ask her to do something or talk to her. She's extremely fidgety when she does sit still, like in her carseat. When it's bedtime she is constantly moving around and fidgeting so much it takes her forever to fall asleep. I'm not sure what else to do, I got a referral a couple months ago from her pediatrician to see a behaviorial pediatrician, but they never scheduled an appt. She goes to her regular dr. next month.
momuv4girls responded:
Hi Mom,

I would definitely call the behavioral pedi and make an appt.
Dr.s offices are busy places, and they often times don't follow up on calls like they should - - so YOU call them.

ADHD is a complicated diagnosis, despite what a lot of people think. A good Dr. will evaluate over several appointments and have you and any caregivers of your daughter fill out a ton of paperwork.

Call them today, and hopefully you can see the new Dr. sometime soon.

Take care,
Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Call back and get an appointment scheduled with the behavioral pediatrician. Don't hang up until one is scheduled. Sometimes these things slip through the cracks.

Helpful Tips

Lavender Oil stopped Night Terros
My 10 year old son has suffered from night terrors for over 5 years now. Generally happens when he is sick, over tired or too hot in bed. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.