Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

hearing pain
mom2juli posted:
My four year is complaining of ear pain with loud noises. When I run his bath water he covers his ears and says that the noise hurts. When legos were dumped out on the floor he covered ears complaining of pain. Today, we were outside when an ambulance went by and he cried that the sirens were hurting his ears. Could there be something wrong?

momuv4girls responded:
You son could be ultra sensitive to noises, but I would have a hearing screening done and talk to his pediatrician about this.

Here is a link I found interesting.....
http://hubpages.com/hub/Hyperacusis-Sensitivity-to-Noise-Symptoms-and-Treatments

I am not sure if this is what your son has, but thought it an interesting read all the same.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.