Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
Welcome to Parenting: (Please introduce yourself)
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Welcome to the parenting community. We hope you will make this one of your favorite spots on WebMD. Here you will find a great group of members who will share their parenting experience with you and we hope you will also participate in sharing your knowledge.

Our community has 3 experts:

Dr. Adesman is a nationally recognized pediatrician with expertise in the evaluation and management of behavioral problems and developmental disorders in children.

Dr. Altmann is a best-selling author, parenting expert, media spokesperson and our guest expert.

Dr. Roy Benaroch is a general pediatrician, author, and educator at Emory University.

Please take a moment and introduce yourself to the community. Tell us a little about you and your child/children.

My name is Lainey, your community moderator. I am married with 6 children and we are a nuclear family. 2 of my children serve in the USMC, 1 is a pharmacy tech, 1 is in school for vet tech, and my youngest 2 are teens in high school. I also have 3 grandchildren. (They call me Nana.) My husband is a firefighter and owns a construction company.

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
I've got three kids, aged 6-13, and a little terrier who thinks he's another kid, and a parakeet (it's hard to figure out what he thinks, but he seems happy enough!)

seeit2 responded:
My name is Deb. I'm an early childhood special ed teacher. I have two kids, aged 4 and 14 months. I am currently a SAHM. My 4 yr old has a severe milk allergy and my DH is gluten-free so I basically spend my "free" time in the kitchen. I like that, though, thank goodness.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to seeit2's response:
Hi Deb, welcome to the community! I couldn't imagine trying to cook for your home, it must be a challenge.

SoCalSuz responded:
Hi Lainey! I'm sure you hear this all the time but WOW! 6 children! I'm impressed
I have a 5 year old in her first year of "real" school - Kindergarten! And a 2 year old who is embracing every stereotype of "2". I have lots of questions and concerns about discipline, nutrition and, of course, stress management (for me!). I've been married for 10 years and work from a home office as a freelance writer.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to SoCalSuz's response:
Hi SoCalSuz and welcome to the community,

I am so lucky to have my own fire crew, or if you include my grands I have a baseball team. Most people are shocked to know how many children we have but many blended families have more than 3 children. I am so proud of each baby. We have our challenges but the love and hugs make up for it all.

We have so many wonderful experts and parents in our community and on WebMD so please feel free join in any discussion or post a topic too. Many parents will be interested in parents who work from home. (WHAMerz)

You might be interested in our parenting by child age communities also. Here are a few links.
http://exchanges.webmd.com/parenting-2-year-olds-exchange
and
http://exchanges.webmd.com/parenting-4-5-year-olds-exchange

Let me know if you need anything!

cyn22mull responded:
Hi! My name is Cindy and I have been married almost 5 years and we have a wonderful 2 year old boy.

SoCalSuz replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Lainey - Quick user question. How can I get an alert when there has been an answer to a post? I asked a question in one of the forums (not this one) and can't find it or figure out how to see if there was a response - thanks for any info!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to SoCalSuz's response:
Hi SoCalSuz

Each topic (not the replies) has a "Watch This Discussion" link. If you tick that link it will alert you in your "Watched Discussions" link on the left side of the page under "My Community" Let me know if you need more help.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to cyn22mull's response:
Hi Cindy and welcome to the community! I love your pic.

mylifemyjoy responded:
hello,
my name is Amber i have two wonderful boys 4 and 5.
as they get older i need more info on how to deal with things that come this is all new to me. i have no other sibling with children and no other family that can relate (no kids or are disabled) this web site seems like a good place for question.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to mylifemyjoy's response:
Welcome Amber!

We will try to help in any way you need.

DES_AM_DES replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hello,

I am a mother of 3 (9, 6, 2 who will be 3 next month). I am here to find out as much as I can about helping my 6 year old cope with ADHD (not officially diagnosised) while at school. I do not want him to be on medication.

Destini

DutchFairy responded:
Hello. I am 32 years old and have been married for 8 years. I have two daughters...one will be 5 years old in December and my other one is 16 months old. After becoming pregnant with my oldest daughter, I decided to quit working as a special education teacher. Two years after the birth of my oldest, I suffered a misscarriage. One year after that, I concieved my youngest. Because of the difficulty of both births, my husband and I got our tubes cut. That's about it.

Helpful Tips

"Napux, the Cow" - Improving Healthy Habits trough Community TV in Mexico
Mexico has become the fattest country in the world, but at the same time here in the state of Chiapas there are children starving. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.