Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
Community Discussion: Circumcision Possible Illegal in San Francisco
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi parents!

An interesting discussion on the Baby's First Year Community about circumcisions being made illegal in San Francisco. http://forums.webmd.com/3/newborn-and-baby-exchange/forum/7747
I have 2 sons who were circumcised and 1 stepson that wasn't. My stepson had a difficult time keeping the area clean when he was young and at 15 regrets he wasn't circumcised as an infant. But I do feel it is more because he doesn't look the same as everyone else and no other reason.

Do you feel circumcision is mutilation as the article states?

Is your son circumcised?

Do you feel the state has gone too far in trying to stop circumcisions?

seeit2 responded:
My son is circumcised. I left the decision up to my DH, since I have no experience with the equipment. Personally I think the state can just stay out of my son's pants - they have no right to try to dictate either way.

Roy Benaroch, MD replied to seeit2's response:
Geez, what's going on in SF? (See the banning happy meals toys thread)

I visited San Fran in Oct, really it's a nice city, people seemed friendly, good town. I think their city government leaders may have too much time on their hands.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Roy Benaroch, MD's response:
I agree, seems this is a stunt of some sort for elections.

Boyzmomee responded:
I have two sons. I am a Jewish mother. As you may guess, both my boys are circumcised (and happy about it.)

San Francisco needs to get a grip and stay out of my religious choices for my sons.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Boyzmomee's response:
You are absolutely right! It should be a parent's choice.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.