Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Simple Child Rearing Tips
melbournefreelancer posted:
Parenting has changed considerably since the time we were last biking down the countryside. These days the topic is inundated with, what I would term, e-wisdom, that tends to lean towards tech-oriented solutions, tips, and ideas. However, I do believe there are the simple tips that are overlooked, forgotten, or given the go-by in this frenzy to get with it and get techy. A very inane instance would be how freshly cooked home food has given way to processed foods or close, lifelong friendships have given way to the anonymity of social network "friends". I feel these forgotten tips have a lot to offer where healthy, happy childrearing is concerned, don't you think?

Take the Poll

Can old-fashioned childrearing tips be easily integrated into modern lifestyles?
  • That would be living in the past.
  • It would make kids more emotionally grounded.
  • It will confuse kids and leave them without an identity.
  • It will teach children values and better manners.
  • It will be a huge bother for parents who have enough to do anyway
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.