Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Sex after C-section, why does it hurt?
martinawilliams posted:
Im curious, why does sex hurt after you have a c section?

Indiaguerita responded:
Because you had your abdominal wall sliced open and then sewn back together. Not to mention the 7-10 pound baby that was ripped out of that 10 inch gash in your stomach.

Your abdominal has a lot of the muscles that you use during sex.

I had three c-sections. Sex does not feel good until about week six after your c-section. You are supposed to wait at least eight weeks after a c-section, anyways. The pain is almost gone after the eight weeks. (In my case, anyways.)

-Laura

seeit2 responded:
If you are nursing then that can cause dryness, which will hurt like a bear. Your doc can give you cream that sort of helps.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.