Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
Soup Recipe Swap!
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hello Mommies!

WebMD's Food & Cooking community is sharing soup recipes . Do you have a soup recipe to share?

Wendy12345678 responded:
Sure! I'm a vegetarian, so I have all sorts of recipes to share LOL. I will share my vegetable soup recipe which is great. It can of course be adjusted in a million ways!
First saute chopped up onions, little bit of garlic, celery, and carrots in a little bit of olive oil . Add chopped potatoes after a few minutes. Then add a can of stewed tomatoes, and any other vegetables you like. Add water for about a 6 to 1 water to vegi ratio. I add salt, seasoned salt and black pepper. But season to taste. Hope someone tries this and makes it their own!

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
Good time of year for soup!

We do a lot of slow-cooker soups in my home. Easy to improvise, and just about anything comes out good. This was last night's, approximately:

1 can stewed tomatoes (or diced, or whole)
2 cans black beans
1 cup vegetable stock
a cup of frozen corn (or peas, or any other veggie)
about 2 tablespoons taco sauce (or enchilada sauce, or chili sauce, or even ketchup)

Could also throw in some bay leaves, or garlic, or a whole dried ancho pepper.

Directions: put stuff in slow cooker for six hours or more on low.

Can serve with a dollop of sour cream. Mmmmm!

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to Roy Benaroch, MD's response:
Dr. Benaroch, that sounds yummy! My daughter is getting married soon and has been "practicing" cooking on us. She loves the slow cooker and I'm going to pass this along to her!
Sounds delish, thank you for sharing!

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to Wendy12345678's response:
Wendy don't forget to visit our Food & Cooking Community and share there too! This is great!
Thank you!

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.