Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

What is The Funniest Comment Your Young Child Has Said?
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hello parents,

Our children at times, surprise us when we hear them try and speak like adults.

My grand daughter says: "Ewww Nana, why do you kiss Papa he has a caterpillar on his face!

Do you have a funny quote to share?

phoenix31674 responded:
DD keeps us in stitches sometimes. When she was 2.5 we went to the zoo and she called the jellyfish 'balloons'. Now at not quite 4 they were 'mushrooms'. LOL

She's said a bunch of other stuff, but nothing is coming back to me right now.

Oh, at almost 2 we went to Disney World and she didn't like the fireworks until she some that looked like a trail of Pixiedust (like from the start of Disney DVDs and she shouted 'Itabell' and loved the rest of the display. That same trip she looked out the window of the car and saw one of the Disney buses with the distinctive Disney name in it's script and she shouted 'Disney!'. We laughed at her recognizing that at such a young age.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to phoenix31674's response:
I love the mushroom comment. It is even better when they lose their teeth and try to say words.

An_222091 responded:
my daughter, who's almost 8, has been scratching her head a lot the past few days.

Having a few lice experiences, I was checking her head and she informed me that she cant have lice because they hibernate in the winter

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to An_222091's response:
LOL, that is so cute!

DnEmom responded:
Too funny love the Mushroom!!

I remember when my ds was 3 he is ( 9 now) we were stuck in traffic right behind a Fedex Truck and the sun was right smack on his face, He said MOM my eyes are already GREEN that trcukl wants my eyes to be LELLOW (Yellow) .... He was so mad at the Fedex truck...

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to DnEmom's response:
My son also said, "lellow".

tothebeach4 responded:
When my niece was 4 (she's now 6), we took her to the beach and as the waves came up and crashed on the shore, she would squeal and turn away from the water and run up the beach screaming "QUICK!! RUN BEFORE YOUR LIFE!!!"... it still cracks me up thinking about it

An_222092 responded:
So I was in the store with a precocious 3 year old. I was perusing the yoghurts when she said in a small but perfectly audible voice "Mommy, did you just fart?" A silence fell around me and the world seemed to stop. Withouit taking my eyes off the carton I had in my hand I replied "no, darling, I didn't". There there followed one of the longest 30 second silences of my life before she said (in a crystal cut voice) "Oh." as she raised a hand and pointed over my shoulder "Then it must have been that man there."

Ever wanted to crawl under a stone?

As I continued my shopping, people would catch my eye and give me sympathetic smiles ... It's a good thing that you can't die from ridicule, isn't it?

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to An_222092's response:
This is so cute!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to tothebeach4's response:
AWWW!

seeit2 responded:
I was driving my 4-yr old to preK this morning and out of nowhere she said "chickens don't swim!" (uh, who said they did, baby?) NO idea where that came from, but we laughed about it the whole way there.

tucksmommn responded:
I have twin (step) grandsons when they were 5, they were excited to show grandpa what they had gotten him for his birthday. Excitedly they took him to their dad's home office to show him the gift and said, we got you a new fishing rod. Then one of the boys remarked "and we got you some hookers too!". I still chuckle when I think about it. As they say, "out of the mouths of babes".

seeit2 replied to tucksmommn's response:
LMAO!!! Ah, that is a good one!

ChristyChism responded:
My fiery little red-headed son, who will be 2 in a couple weeks, is a big talker. He stays with his Nana during the workday who talks on the phone a lot. He always picks up calculators, remotes, cell phones, etc. and says "Hello. Are you there? OK, daddy. A minute." It is so adorable.

We never give him soda to drink but his daddy drinks a lot of it. So when we are out in public he'll say "I need a Pesi." (missing the p) My mother smokes which she and everyone else tells him is bad. When he wants to go outside with her, he'Il say "Come on. Let's go moke" (missing the s). She and I get so embarrased that people think I give my baby soda and that she takes him to smoke with her (which she does not). I tell her and my husband these are great reasons to quit soda and smoking:)

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.