Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Licking
mmonkeysmom posted:
How can I get my 2 1/2 year old to stop licking her hand and then wiping it all over her face? She has only tried to lick some one once or twice. After she is done wiping all over her face and then wipes it off on anything.

momuv4girls responded:
Have you asked her pedi about this?? If not, then I'd highly recommend doing so.

Hard to tell from your brief description....but a sensory issue is something to explore. Here is a link to read about it

http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/

I work with Autistic children and there is a young child who is always wiping his hand over his mouth....... Occupational therapy helps a lot with it.

I am by no means implying that this is your daughter, just trying to give you some ideas to explore, because I know how hard it is to have something going on with your child and not know how to fix it, or what it is.

Take care, and write back anytime for further help / support!
((Hugs))
-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

Predicting adult height !Expert
There are a couple of ways to predict adult height for toddlers. The simplest way is to double the child's height at age 2. Another ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 55 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.