Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

I know its not a diaper rash!!
Anon_227719 posted:
My 22 month old son gets kind of like a blister on the base of his penis and it seems like it sticks to his balls. (pardon my bluntness) I know it hurts him because when I check it to put cream on it (Bag Balm or Butt Paste) he squirms and doesn't want me to touch it. I thought that maybe the Dr. Mistakenly took too much skin when they circumcised him, but I was told to just carefully keep putting cream on it and stretch it out. This is my 3rd boy and I never had this type of problem with them? Of course the redness and blister looking area was not there at the Dr.'s Appt. It comes and goes? But has cause my son to be very nervous about that area being touched - even during bath time. What could be causing this?

jsave responded:
sound like bad circumcision to me

Boyzmomee replied to jsave's response:
At 22 months? :-o

tothebeach4 responded:
My son used to get a sore looking spot in the same location. It's from excess moisture in that area and the friction from the skin on skin contact there. What I found worked best for him out of all the creams and ointments was A&D. Make sure you gently wipe the area clean, let it air dry and then apply the ointment.

Hope that helps!

luvmedo24 replied to tothebeach4's response:
I use Gold Bond body powder and that has always seemed to work for me....also just letting him air dry after changing.

fiannakyn replied to luvmedo24's response:
could it be a staph infection? a lady on my foster boards on another forum just got a 21month old and after a few days she noticed a sore on the baby and it was staph. She was told it can happen even with the best of cleanliness habits.

I would say have it checked by a doc, but all the above recomendations would defiantly help comfort him.
Vicky- Soon to be Foster parent! Lurking for advice.

Helpful Tips

Parenting and health tweets from Dr RoyExpert
Hello everyone-- I've been a volunteer contributor here on this board for a few years now, and hopefully my posts have been helpful. I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.