Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Movies for Kids - Any Recommendations for the New Releases?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Taking your child to the movies can be a relaxing fun time or frustrating and expensive depending on the age of your child.

Since an afternoon or evening out can cost big bucks, lets talk about the best picks for each age range.

Cars 2, Zookeeper, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Judy Moody, Rango, Harry Potter and more -

Which movies have you seen or thinking about seeing?

Elizabeth

hisangelface responded:
I took all 3 of my boys to see Cars 2. We had promised the twins that once Charlie was born the movie would be out and we would take them. We went to a "Stars and Strollers" movie which has the reduced sound and increased lighting. It went so well! The boys were amazing and barely made a peep. They were just so excited to be big boys and get to see a movie in the theater!

I would definitely do it again but it would have to be to see something that they were very interested in. Otherwise it could be extremely frustrating and very costly for nothing.

I plan on taking my littlest man with me to see Harry Potter when it come to the "Stars and Strollers". I plan on going with a few other Moms that have little babies...

Boyzmomee responded:
Well, my youngest is 14 and when we go, it's the afternoon when it costs $7.50. I won't pay $4.75 for a small water or $5.75 for a large diet coke either.

We usually see PG 13 movies. We want to see that new Spielberg movie.

phoenix31674 responded:
I might take DD to see Pooh. I had thought about Cars 2 since she loves Lightning, but I've heard mixed reviews for a 4 year old. Might just wait for the DVD for that one.

sarahann1978 responded:
We took our 2.5 year old son to see Cars 2 and he did well. For younger ones like him it is a bit on the violent side and shows the cars drinking. They claim it is oil, but it is in fancy cocktail looking glasses, so gives the impression of alcohol. The violence is that they set out to destroy cars that are using an alternative fuel. I know it was all animated, but still the sentiment of destroying another being, so I was a little taken back by it. I think they were aiming to appeal to the generation of boys who would have seen Cars when it was new, so it's geared for the ages of 10-13.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to hisangelface's response:
I wish we had a "Stars and Strollers" type showing!!!!! We have not taken my 6 year old to many movies because she does not like the noise.

The last matinee we saw I ended up asking for headphones. They gave us the ones for hearing impaired movie-goers. We used them as noise reducers and it worked. If they had not worked we would have left because she was miserable.

Does anyone else have a theater that has reduced sound?

Elizabeth

Springisnear responded:
Captian america looks like a good movie. Conan at the end of the summer for the older kids.

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.