Final days!!!
fiannakyn posted:
Thought you guys would like a quick update.

We are in the final days of our home study. Right now we're just waiting for the state to verify we paid our taxes in 2007 due to conflicting information on our credit report. They said it can take up to 10 days from last friday so sometime next week!

once the home study is done, its probably a matter of minutes before we get the first call for a placement. The social worker doing our home study is also the county's home finder for incoming children, so she's already told us to be prepared for the ink to not even be dry on the approval before she's calling us
Vicky- Soon to be Foster parent! Lurking for advice.

Take the Poll

What was your (or is your child's) favorite Dr Seuss book? (its our nursery's decor)
  • Cat in the Hat
  • Hop On Pop
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Oh the Places you'll go
  • Other - post with your answer!
vote
View Poll Results

kay_kay75 responded:
Congratulations! you have done so much prep work for this baby or child that you are going to be an awesome Foster Parent. Please keep us updated!

Boyzmomee responded:
Congrats!

It amazes me that those who can have a child biologically can have criminal records, abuse drugs, be unemployed etc. and social services need to make sure you paid your taxes in 2007.

I'm paying some taxes on an installment plan... should they take away my kid?

My sons loved the book about feet by Dr. Suess.

hisangelface replied to Boyzmomee's response:
The "Foot Book" and then subsequently all the other books about body parts...

hisangelface replied to hisangelface's response:
I had not read your post prior to answering... Congrats on the progress. I hope you better a child's life in the very near future. You sound like you are going to be a wonderful Mom.

fiannakyn replied to hisangelface's response:
Boyz- LOL You hit it right on the head of the nail! some of the infertile bitter betties on another site joke that we need to become crackheads and quit our jobs to get pregnant

and thank you everyone for your kind words! I HOPE I'm a good mom- my mom will blister my behind if I'm not. (she's actually a Special Ed teacher so I learned from the best )

sarahann1978 responded:
We love a lot of the Dr. Seuss books, but our current favorite is "There's a Woset in the Closet"

Congrats, I can't wait to hear about your placement!

magsnemma responded:
I've followed your story here and I wanted to tell you good luck!

Also, if you have some relatives that you want to torture, have them read Fox in Socks. I got my DH, mom, and MIL with that one. It's kind of a tongue twister.

fiannakyn replied to magsnemma's response:
I forget that the graphic for : P is wierd on here. Where I normally am its more akin to but with a funny twist.

Munch1967 responded:
Congrats. We tried to adopt from foster care for 3 nightmarish yrs. Looking for an older, special needs child. Got a social worker with a bad attitude toward Christian homeschoolers. Disasterous. So we checked out the waiting children's list from China. We had visions of a 5 or 6 yr old little sister to our then 10 yr old bio daughter. Our daughter looked over my shoulder while I was looking at the list. She cracked up laughing and pointed. And all our plans for another daughter went out the window. She pointed at the most mischievious face I'd ever seen and declared, "That's MY brother!" We brought him home 10 months later, just shy of his 5th b-day. He is absolutely perfect, cleft palate/lip, vision problems, growth delays, speech impairment, and all. Just perfect. Some of his first English words were the names of boys she liked. So he could tease her. Perfect.

Munch1967 replied to magsnemma's response:
Yep. That was a favorite in our house, too. I hated it. The Ben and Bim tongue twister was the worst.

fiannakyn replied to Munch1967's response:
LOL on the story of your son, Munch!