Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    using tampons
    Anon_230468 posted:
    my daughter is a virgin and she wants to use tampons but, I m afraid it will affect her being a virgin. Will it make her not a virgin?
    FirstPrevious12NextLast

candy352 responded:
    No it would not. The tampons do not break the hymen. I used tampons before I lost my virginity.

Springisnear responded:
    Isn't there a mental component to losing a person's virginity?

Anon_475 replied to Springisnear's response:
    There is certainly a sexual component to losing one's virginity.

Let her use tampons if she chooses they will make her life so much simpler.

Boyzmomee replied to Springisnear's response:
    No. "Virginity" is lost when there is sexual intercourse with penetration.

fiannakyn replied to Boyzmomee's response:
    They also make tampons FOR teens that are slimmer so they are more comfortable, I have only heard of tampons breaking the Hymen when the girl tries to use a tampon thats too big for her.
    Vicky- Soon to be Foster parent! Lurking for advice.

Anon_9286 replied to candy352's response:
    even if they did break the hymen she would still be a virgin. a tampon is not a penis.

Anon_9286 replied to Anon_475's response:
    used tampons immediatly after getting my period at 12. didnt lose my viginity til 18.

JMomma1 replied to Boyzmomee's response:
    yes, so right u are!!! a tampon is not a penis! its a huge difference!

JMomma1 responded:
    plus tampons are much more discreet, comfortable, cleaner, and easier. she can wear for several hours and overnight, playing sports, swimming with no leaks or worries! tampons are great for all girls.i would strongly recommend. she will not lose her virginity from tampons. inserting a tampon has nothing to do with sex or virginity. most girls nowadays use tampons, its very conmon.

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
    I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.