Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Is this GERD??
marrinarayan posted:
Hello..my baby boy is 3 months old now.. he has got some digestion problem since birth..i give him my breast milk as well as started bottle feeding.i gave him just 1 or 2 bottles in a day and rest of the time i gave him breast milk..but when i started his formula feeding (i gave him NAN milk powder) he started vomitings..as soon as i finishd his bottle, he vomitted..and he vomits with full force and vomit came out from his mouth and nose(his vomit always comes out from his mouth and nose and with full force)..i tried that formula for apprx 10 days and when vomits did not stop, i stopped giving him formula..then after some days he vomits when i gave him breast milk..i checked with pediatrician..he said his nose is block so this is happening..i used norsaline drop and after some time his vomits stopped..then i started lactogen " formula..which his stomach accepted ..but sometimes he vomits on this formula also..i try to give him as much breastmilk as possible and give him formula whenever we r out only..now as im not going out much so i m giving him bottle after 4 to 5 days..but he again started vomitings..after formula he does not vomit but just after formla when i give him breast milk (after 2 hrs duration) he vomits immediately..also he spits milk most of the time even after he burps..and he also most of the time dose not burp..also he always choke his thrat while feeding...i want to know is it gerd??

FCL responded:
Perhaps he's simply allergic to formula?

butterflygirl_530 responded:
My 3mo DS had the same symptoms that u are describing. I did not breast feed him but he would constantly spit up or vomit after he ate. The pediatrician did a test called a barium swallow to check his lower stomach muscles to make sure they were working right. Luckily they were. He said he had a touch of acid reflux (gerd). They put him on a low dose of Zantac and it has helped him tremendously. So u may wanna talk to the doctor again about this. They also switched my DS formula. Hope this helps and I hope ur little one gets better. Keep us posted

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 25 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.