Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Just call me Momma V!
fiannakyn posted:
Recived the CALL for a foster placement of a 16 month old boy. Going to pick him up at 5 tonight from the shelter!

OMG *panic*
Vicky- 34, Licensed Foster parent. Waiting for a placement. ALSO in process of a private adoption of a baby boy due Christmas Day!! Lurking for advice! :)

kay_kay75 responded:
You are going to do fabulous!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

sdadkin responded:
How did your weekend go? I am so excited for you! You will do great!

fiannakyn replied to sdadkin's response:
I survied the weekend I had to take yesterday off to get him enrolled in daycare.

He's a sweety. Doesn't know a stranger Came with just a walmart bag of dirty and outgrown clothes and a teddy bear. Luckily the Just Between Friend's sale was in its 50% day on Saturday so we got him quiet a bit of clothes and toys.

He understands "no" and hams up his fits so if you watch him, he crys harder but if you ignore him and turn around or leave the room, he quits and just goes back to playing.
Vicky- 34, Licensed Foster parent. Waiting for a placement. ALSO in process of a private adoption of a baby boy due Christmas Day!! Lurking for advice! :)

fiannakyn replied to fiannakyn's response:
Ok now I'm REALLY panicking!! Thursday his social worker called to ask us to think about taking Sam long term with a strong possability of adoption. There's some leagal issues that they have to get through, to prevent it from being one of those cases on TV where the birth parents say they were lied to etc. So even though legaly his parents have been involutarily terminated as his parents sense he was 4 months old for abandonment, they are trying everything possable to get them to agree to the adoption in writing before allowing adoption. the bio mom's grandmother is also trying to get custody but she has a long track record with DFS too so they are hessatant to place him with them.

Missouri has 2 cases of appealed adoptions going to the supream court right now, so all adoptions with any grains of concern have to take the long track. I'd rather take the long track now, than be in courts for years afterwards for a botched adoption process.
Vicky

fiannakyn replied to fiannakyn's response:
oh and we're still expecting the newborn in December. so in less than 3 months we'll go from zero kids to 2 under 2.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Vicky

kay_kay75 replied to fiannakyn's response:
Wow Vicky, ask and ye shall receive! Going to be an exciting time for you! How are things going with the 16 month old?

sdadkin replied to fiannakyn's response:
I think I told you about my best friend before. Her and her husband just became foster parents at the end of last year and their first placement was newborn triplets. The biological parents came to the very first weekly visit and that was it so now they are in the process of adopting them. It is a very long process. It's been months already and it's still not over. Just hang in there and hopefully everything works out!!!

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.