Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Meningitis vaccine reaction? is this dangerous?
Anon_24084 posted:
Hi,
i am 16, and i got the meningitis booster shot 3 days ago. It hurt a little after getting it but nothing to bad, but it has been getting more painful everyday now, and it hurts to touch it and just when i move my arm.
Its not that i cant deal with pain, but the thing that is worrying me is that there is a hot, red circle a little bigger than the size of a quarter around the injection site, and it is hard and has a little bump about the size of a pencil earaser. It just seems odd.
Anything i should worry about?

kay_kay75 responded:
Call the place that you got the shot and tell them what you have posted here, they should have given you a sheet telling you possible side affects, if this isn't listed there then it is something worth having looked into.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon and Welcome,

Wanted to check in to see how you were doing. Agree with kay_kay75 and hope you have had your health care provider take a look at this.

Hope you are feeling better, keep us posted,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.