Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Enfamil checks needed
    Kaylah08 posted:
    I am in great need of any enfamil formula checks that anyone may have and not using. My husband just lost his job and we have a beautiful baby girl 6weeks old at home with 3 other children as well. These are rough times and would love some help with th formula. Please email me if here is anyone with extra checks that are unwanted. Thank you in advance!!!!
    Anon_154542 responded:
    Go to your local WIC office and sign up for WIC....if your other kids are under the age of 5 yrs they should get it to
    RoseLynn02 responded:
    WIC doesn't give enfamil anymore, they give similac, but either way it's free & they help with other foods than just formula for parents with kids under 5. You can also go out for food stamps at the welfare office. It takes a bit to get approved but sometimes if you tell them you're in real dire need they will give you something temporary upfront. You can also try salvation army, your township, your local churches ( you don't have to be a member & they don't care what you do or don't believe in), & other local resource help centers in your area. Your health dept should have a list of place that can help & so should your local WIC office. A lot of your resource centers can help with other things as well like energy assistance, clothing, childcare centers, counseling, jobs, medical, dental, diapers, financial assistance, food for you & DH & other LO's, immunizations(free @ some health dept.s or at least affordable), & even transportation. You kinda just gotta do some research for what your area has to offer. I know it's not easy & it sucks to have to go to these places when it's something you have never had to do before, but they help till you get on your feet & sometimes they can be real life savers. It really isn't easy with the economy right now, trust me I really do understand how you feel. I'm so sorry you are going through this and will help you how I can. If you go to enfamil's website & register as a member they will send you a free can of formula and most pediatricians office are given plenty of samples to give out to new parents & if you tell them your situation they will most likely be happy to give some, mine did when we 1st hit our hardships. That should help while you find your local resource help centers. Good Luck. I'll keep an eye on you post if you have any other related ?'s I can help with or if there is anything else I can think of. Hope this helps.
    RoseLynn02 replied to RoseLynn02's response:
    Things will get better. Keep your head up o.k.
    Anon_154542 replied to RoseLynn02's response:
    In our state (AR) they only issue enfamil and if the baby can only take a certain kind the baby's doctor can write a script for it. If you know anyone that resently had a baby they might have some samples that were mailed to them from the company. I know that I have about 6 cans at my house that the baby can't use.
    kay_kay75 replied to RoseLynn02's response:
    It depends on the state my State MO has a contract with Enfamil as well so it is the individual state. But please do apply for it.
    RoseLynn02 replied to kay_kay75's response:
    Sorry. I wasn't aware that some states give different formula. I guess I assumed that they all did the same thing. I just moved to
    Indiana and I'm not sure then what they give, but I know in Nevada they wont even give enfamil with a doctors script for it anymore. My sister-in-law had a hell of a time with it. I haven't been on WIC recently, however I have been using my other local resources and I do know that each state has help options out there other than welfare and WIC, but that is where I would recommend starting out as well as local churches. Thanks for informing me guys. I would hate to accidental give anyone else in-accurate iinformation.

    Helpful Tips

    Son Peeing
    I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

    Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.