Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Concerned about my toddler
laracegirl posted:
I have an 18mo old toddler girl. She's had her flu shot in the past week and was prescribed cyproheptadine for what her doctor said was a "stuffy nose" she supposedly had. (She never showed any symptoms of a stuffy nose). She started running a fever of 101 yesterday (I gave her baby tylenol as directed), and her fever came and went and she is STILL having a fever off and on (luckily its under 101, but still a fever nonetheless) and she had 2 bright green (like grass colored) bowel movements yesterday (and they smelled bad). She doesn't sleep too well, and cries off and on. She has also developed a rash of red bumps around her mouth, a few red bumps on her upper arms, shoulders, chest, back, legs and feet. I'm concerned that maybe the medication caused this or could she have some other problem (like chicken pox, mumps/measles, etc.)? Should I try to take her to her doctor (which would take ALL day) or should I just take her to the emergency room? I used the WebMD symptom checker and it listed ALOT of things that could cause all her symptoms. I just need advice. Thanks. (P.S. She is my 4th pregnancy, but 3rd child - had a miscarriage before her - and had my tubes tied after her.)

kay_kay75 responded:
Take her to the ER or urgent care, it sounds like an allergic reaction to me

laracegirl replied to kay_kay75's response:
Yeah, that's what I think I will do. Poor thing is so miserable and I don't want her to continue feeling so bad.

Helpful Tips

"Napux, the Cow" - Improving Healthy Habits trough Community TV in Mexico
Mexico has become the fattest country in the world, but at the same time here in the state of Chiapas there are children starving. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.