Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Concerned about my 3 year old son
MommyLynnAnn posted:
My 3 year old has been so nervous lately. Whether it is about eating his meals, taking a nap or bath, going to school or bed, etc etc etc. He has been whining and crying about it all, questioning all day. For example, he will whine, cry and question about bath time which is 8pm starting at 7am. I am so concerned and do not know if this is a phase or if something is medically wrong. Please help!!!

momuv4girls responded:
You say lately.......so this is new behavior ?

Has anything recently changed in his life recently? A new sibling, parental issues? A house guest? New school / teacher? Are you a stay-at-home Mom? Any changes at all you can think of ?

Children at this age do not have a sense of time, so saying words like "later on" or "at 8pm is bath" have no real meaning to a 3-year old. Some need more concrete answers.

There are visual schedules that can help some anxious children.

First I'd try and find out what is causing this new anxiety and go from there.

-Kathleen

Helpful Tips

Predicting adult height !Expert
There are a couple of ways to predict adult height for toddlers. The simplest way is to double the child's height at age 2. Another ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 55 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.