Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Vaginal discomfort in my 5 year old daughter
jinarn posted:
My 5 year old daughter has been acting a little strange. She keeps pulling at her clothes around her vaginal area and she's been squatting in the corner or under the table. When she took her pants off this morning to put clean clothes on I noticed a foul oder. She had a bath the night before so I ruled out cleanliness. Sometimes she's a little red down there but she wasn't this morning and there was no discharge that I could see. I asked her if she hurt down there or burn when she goes potty and she says no.

Is this something I should worry about?

Brubee responded:
I would be a concerned. I would call and make an appointment with the pedi. I dont think five year olds should have discharge and foul odors. it may be a yeast infection. good luck and hope she feels better soon.

fcl responded:
Given that she is red and uncomfortable AND that there is a smell (sign of an infection), I would take her to the doc ASAP. She must feel truly miserable, poor wee thing

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.