Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    New parents to be
    An_242131 posted:
    My wife and I are expecting, however we are serving overseas in China. With that, it is difficult to set up appointments and travel arrangement can be hard as well. Right now we have a well-respected doctor that we will visit in Beijing and we are very happy for that. The problem (hopefully not a big one) is that we cannot have our first visit until Jan. 11 which is her 11th week of the 1st trimester. Is that too long or are we in the "safe zone?" I would appreciate your response

Stephen Reyes

Roy Benaroch, MD responded:
    You'll probably be fine. I hope your wife is taking a prenatal vitamin every day, plus avoiding tobacco, alcohol, other drugs, and medications. I don't think there's much else you'll need to do, unless your wife has other kinds of health problems. There are some screening tests, but those can probably safely wait until 11 weeks.

Best of luck to you!

rey6780 replied to Roy Benaroch, MD's response:
    Thank you, We are very relieved parents.

FCL replied to rey6780's response:
    If it's any comfort, many doctors won't even see a pregnant woman before 12 weeks because there is very little that can be done other than prescribe prenatal vitamins

Congratulations!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Welcome and Congratulations!

Be sure to check out our Pregnancy Health Center , it has great information for the parents-to-be. Here is the 1st Trimester info to get you started.

We also have a many Pregnancy Communities to connect with others growing a little one!

Best wishes,
    Elizabeth

candy352 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
    You guys should be fine. Like PP said, a dr sometimes won't see you until you are almost in the 2nd tri, unless you have a high risk pregnancy that needs to be closely monitored.

Helpful Tips

Son Peeing
    I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.