Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    pamelariley posted:
    lately my three year old has been punching himself in his private area and i don't know if someting is wrong an d when i ask him if it hurts he says yes what can i do to help him. this is my first child
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Welcome Pamela,

    I am sorry your son is uncomfortable, hopefully you have contacted your health care provider/pediatrician to evaluate what's going on.

    Unfortunately, without an exam it is difficult to guess. Please let us know how he is doing,
    kay_kay75 responded:
    I personally would talk to him and ask if someone has touched him there, sometimes kids blame themselves when someone has done something. I am not saying this is the case but it might be. Also talk to your pediatrician, it could hurt when he has to go to the bathroom or he may be punishing himself for an erection that he doesn't understand.

    Helpful Tips

    Son Peeing
    I have a suggestion for the parents with the boy that is peeing in the house. Maybe he needs the "freedom" of peeing. I would let him go ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

    Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.