Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Update!
fiannakyn posted:
I totally forgot to update everyone! Mostly cause I usually check WebMD at work and I've been off for the last month.

Friday December 23rd, 2011 my life was changed forever.

at 1am I got a call from T, who was pregnant with the son she was allowing us to adopt. She had lost some of her plug and started to have contractions. We spent the rest of the night at the hospital but they sent her home at 5am cause she did not advance past 1cm (which she was at on Tuesday at her doctor's apointment)

at 8:30am the contractions were bad enough she went back to the hospital and she had advanced to 4cm so they admitted her. She asked for an Epidural but didn't get it till nearly 11am. For the rest of the day she slowly advanced but stalled at 7 for 3 hours till they gave her a bit of Pictin. an hour later she was ready to push, which only lasted about 20 minutes. She was attended by myself and her own mother. She only tore a tiny bit, needing a single stitch. I was suppose to cut the cord but there was a loop around his neck, too tight to slip over his head, so the doc actually cut and clamped it before he was totaly out.

Anthony Steven was born at 6:47pm on December 23rd, 2011. his scores were 7 and 9, weighed 5 lbs 8.5 oz, and was 19 inch. He was a bit pale so NICU had to evaluate him but said he was fine. I was the first non medical person to see, touch, and hold him.

T was willing and able to pump for him for the first few weeks. He went home with us on Christmas Day wearing a "My first Christmas" sleeper in PREEMIE, but he quickly outgrew that.

He is now 1 month old and weighs 8 lbs and is 20 inches. We have court in the next week or so to make everything legal.

as of right now his hair is a strawberry blond and his eyes are blue but I bet they turn brown. His hair I don't know about...
Vicky

nursingbug responded:
I am so excited for you!!!!
CONGRATS!!!

sdadkin responded:
I asked about you a couple of weeks ago and somebody told me you had a blog. I read it the one time but I keep forgetting to go back and check for updates! I am so excited for you guys! And baby Anthony is so cute!

I also wanted to update you on my friends I was telling you about that just became foster parents a year and a half ago and were placed with newborn triplets. The triplets turned 1 on January 12th and had a very fun Mickey/Minnie Mouse themed birthday party. My friends have been in the process of adopting the triplets and they just told me that on Valentine's Day they go to court to finally have the biological parents' rights taken away for good!

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.