Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Includes Expert Content
Baby NOT drinking formula after midnight...Please Help!
ghettokool posted:
I have a 3.5 month old baby girl and she is not drinking her formula at night. We (my wife and/or I) feed her every three hours with 4oz, just these past couple of days she does not want to drink her formula after midnight, we tried to feed her but she just want to go to back to sleep. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

fcl responded:
Stop insisting. Let her sleep through the night. At her age we had cut out all feeds after 9pm and before 7am. Lol - at least she is making it easy for you

kay_kay75 responded:
Let her sleep, at that age they generally do not need to eat over night and if you keep insisting it will just be harder when she gets older. Let her sleep and eat on demand. Her body will not allow herself to starve, she will cry for you if she needs that middle of the night feeding.
Good Luck!

Roy Benaroch, MD replied to fcl's response:
Kaykay, FCL, couldn't agree more!

ghettokool replied to Roy Benaroch, MD's response:
Thank you very much for your advices Kaykay, FCL and Dr. Benaroch!

Helpful Tips

Help kids learn to swallow pillsExpert
I found this inexpensive but clever cup a few years ago, and it helped my kids learn to swallow pills without a fuss: ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.