Skip to content

Announcements

Get the support and information you need for your behavior, development and health related questions.

For more information:
Health and Parenting Health Center
Raising fit Kids

Post-partum Period
Anon_133497 posted:
Hi, not quite sure where to post this but since we are all parents I figure you can help me. After I had my first son I had gotten my period three times in one year. I got pregnant with my second son the month my first turned one. He is now four months and I have gotten my period twice. The same day for two months straight. But I have yet to get it this month. So I am wondering how long after birth does it take for your body to regulate itself? I was never really regular before having kids, but now if I miss a month I am worried I am pregnant again and we don't want any more kids for a while so we take all necessary precautions possible!

kay_kay75 responded:
Lots of things can affect this including if you are breastfeeding or not, if you are under a lot of stress or anything ingeneral. You may want to talk to your doctor about an IUD or other form of birth control since you don't want anymore babies right away.

My period was never normal before I had my daughter but now it is like clockwork.

Allaya9 responded:
I agree, before my son was concieved my period was not normal, it would fluctuate between 32 and 40 plus days in between cycles. Now that he's been born it's like clockwork. I started my period about 2 months after birth. I'm not breastfeeding, so it takes longer if you are and I'm on the mini-pill because the combination make me so nauseous. You should definitely talk to your doctor, like you we are happy with our little man and don't want anymore children. Hope that helps.

Helpful Tips

Not as easy as some make it out by simply being the boss.
Feeding therapy ideas and resources ... The phrase " oral aversion " describes the avoidance or fear of eating, drinking, or accepting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Child Health 411 - Ari Brown, MD

Educated parents are empowered parents! Get clear answers to your parenting questions from Dr. Ari Brown...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.